Kakslauttanen is home to the famous Glass Igloos, an incredible way of viewing the Northern lights during winter time. There is another side to Kakslauttanen though, summer here is intense - the sun never sets between mid-May and early August. This is not to suggest a scorching heat; the weather will be perfect for hiking up and down the fells during the day and night if you wish.
The summer season ends in September when the Ruska period sets in and nature is ablaze with a magnificent array of changing colours. Our summer packages to Kakslauttanen are designed around being outdoors at this beautiful time of year, from hiking the Fells with your own Husky companion at your side or Canoeing on the River Ivalo.
What this package includes:
- Flights from London Heathrow & Manchester to Ivalo via Helsinki
- All Transfers
- Half Board
- 4 Nights in a Log Cabin with each with private Sauna (optional upgrade to Glass Igloo available)
- 2.5 Hour Husky Hiking Trip at Kiilopaa on the Border of Urho National Park with your own Husky
- 2.5 Hour Midnight Sun viewing via Quad Bike
- Full Day Guided Canoeing Down the River Ivalo with lunch around an open fire
- ATOL protection
- Flights to Ivalo Via Helsinki from Heathrow or Manchester
- Transfer to Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort
- Evening meal in restaurant – a delicious 3 course menu made from locally sourced ingredients
- Night in Log cabin with private sauna – these welcoming cabins are well spaced through the forest and include log fires, en-suite and a small lounge area
- 2.5 Hour Hiking trip with your own Husky across Kiilopaa Fell along the border of Urho National Park. Set off across Kiilopaa fell with your trusty Husky at your side, experience the beauty of the Finnish summer time taking in views of the Urho National Park along the way. Look out for Arctic Blueberries along the way and refresh yourself by drinking the fresh river water along the way.
- 2.5 Hour midnight sun viewing via quad bike – Ride through the diverse terrain aside the backdrop of the midnight sun to see Lapland’s diverse nature open up in a completely different way to winter.
- Night in Log cabin with private sauna
- Day at Leisure – We recommend Wild Berry Picking, Gold Panning and the Smoke and River Sauna – or just relaxing! Additional activities payable locally.
- Night in Log Cabin
- Full day guided canoeing down the Ivalo River with Lunch around an open fire
- Night in a Log Cabin
- Check out of accommodation
- Transfer to Ivalo Airport
- Return flights to the UK
Autumn itineraries are also available. We can tailor make your itinerary to suit your needs and have an array of other activities and accommodation types available for you to choose from such as Wild Berry Picking, Fishing and Gold Panning.
Enquire Online Now
To find out more about this package, please enter your details below. Once we've reviewed your enquiry we'll be in contact to discuss how we can help. You can also call all our Arctic holiday specialists today on +44(0)1793 939035.