Imagine spending the night in a warm and cosy glass igloo where you can lie on your soft reclining bed and look through the thermal igloo glass as you wait for a glimpse of the magical Northern Lights. Imagine log cabins dotted around the forest. Snow covered trees glisten and you will be the envy of your friends. You step into your cabin where you can smell the roaring log fire and hear the crackle of the wood. After a daytime activity of a husky sledge safari you come back to enjoy the private sauna in your cabin.
Maybe it's your anniversary, honeymoon or a special birthday you've chosen an upgrade to the Fabulous Queen suite and you have your own private hot tub to enjoy. Either way you'll love your magical stay at the Igloo Village.
Prices include all activities listed so you have a good idea of the overall cost of your package.
The home of the original glass igloos: A three night trip to Finnish Lapland and the quiet arctic resort of Kakslauttanen.
Kakslauttanen igloo hotel is a unique, quiet resort ideal for getting away from it all.
- Each cabin at Kakslauttanen features a private sauna and log fire and there is also the Queen Suite which is ideal for celebrations and has a private hot tub.
- Kakslauttanen is home to the original glass igloos: a special design of thermal glass so you can view the Northern Lights from the comfort of your bed without the chill.
- You can upgrade to the Kelo Cabins from £2050pp – these are cabins with a glass igloo bedroom – the best of both combining space and comfort with the perfect opportunity to see the Aurora
- Activities are in small groups for that personalised touch.
What this package includes:
- Scheduled flights from Manchester, Dublin or Heathrow via Helsinki (Direct flights also possible – please ask!)
- 2 nights in log cabins at Kakslauttanen with private sauna
- 1 night in unique thermal Glass Igloo
- Husky sledging – 2 hours
- Stay onsite at the Igloo village
- Snowmobile activity – 2 hours
- Northern Lights Reindeer sledge ride – 2 hours
- Thermal clothing is included for the activities
- Half board (Breakfast and dinner)
- All transfers
- ATOL protection
- ABTA protection
From £1595 pp – Current availability detailed below the sample itinerary.
***CLICK TO CALL FOR BEST RATES – 01793 752 532***
Sample itinerary for our three night igloo holiday break;
- Flights to Ivalo via Helsinki from Heathrow, Dublin or Manchester
- Transfer to Hotel Kakslauttanen igloo village – just 25 minutes
- Evening meal in restaurant – a delicious 3 course menu made from local ingredients
- Night in Log cabin with private sauna – these welcoming cabins are well spaced through the forest and include log fires, ensuite and a small lounge area
- Morning Husky sledge safari – Have a go at driving your own husky sledge. After a short transfer to the husky kennels the eager dogs will be howling with excitement and yet once you set off they fall quiet as you drive in pairs through the wilderness. The sound of the snow crunching under the sledge’s runners and the gentle panting of the dogs is the only sound. Maybe you can see Arctic wildlife along the way like ptarmigan. There is opportunity to swap drivers at the halfway point.
- Northern Lights Reindeer sledge safari – learn about these hardy creatures that the Sámi people that still tend in the Lapland region using traditional methods. Take a seat in your sledge and pull the blankets up around you as you enjoy a steady sleigh ride through the forest. If you’re lucky the Northern Lights will light up the sky.
- Evening meal in restaurant – 3 course meal
- Night in Log cabin with private sauna
- Snowmobile expedition – it only takes a short lesson before you will be zooming through forests and across lakes. Shared snowmobiles. Following the guide on the snowmobile trails you’ll cover forest, frozen lakes and rivers and open fjell. The guide may stop along the way to point out interesting wildlife or tracks. If you wish to swap drivers it is possible.
- 3 course evening meal in restaurant
- Night in Glass Igloo – Your glass igloo is room temperature with reclining beds and a small ensuite wc and basin. The special thermal glass doesn’t freeze and if you’re lucky the Northern Lights will dance above you for the experience of a lifetime.
- Transfer to airport for return flights via Helsinki
- Includes flights, activities and half board.
- Christmas and New Year packages also available
- Private Father Christmas meeting possible from early December
- Autumn Package (great for Northern Lights, different activities) September and October, Summer package for midnight sun and hiking, fishing June – August
- Queen Suite upgrade from £250pppn
**TAKING BOOKINGS NOW FOR CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR 2018**
Check out a brief selection of our customer reviews HERE
November 2018: Heathrow from £1595pp
November 2018: Manchester from £1595pp
December 2018 (Excluding Christmas and New Year dates): Heathrow from £1750pp
December 2018 (Excluding Christmas and New Year dates): Manchester from £1750pp
Christmas 23rd – 26th December: Heathrow from £2295pp
Christmas 23rd – 26th December: Manchester from £2595pp
We can also arrange travel over the festive/New Year period with stopovers in Helsinki which can sometimes help reduce prices – ask us for info.
New Year Period: Heathrow from £2150pp
New Year Period: Manchester from £2095pp
January 2019 (after 10th): Heathrow from £1650pp
January 2019 (after 10th): Manchester from £1650pp
February 2019: Heathrow from £1650pp
February 2019: Manchester from £1650pp
March 2019: Heathrow from £1650pp
March 2019: Manchester from £1650pp
March 2019: Heathrow from £1595pp
March 2019: Manchester from £1595pp