Imagine spending the night in a warm glass igloo where you can lie on your soft reclining bed and look through the thermal glass as you wait for a glimpse of the magical Northern Lights. Picture log cabins dotted around the forest. Snow covered trees glisten. Breathe in the crisp, fresh air.
You step into your cabin where you can smell the roaring log fire and hear the crackle of the wood. After a daytime activity of a husky sledge safari you come back to enjoy the private sauna in your cabin. After dinner you have a reindeer safari to look for the Northern Lights, the reindeer are slow and steady through the forest as you cosy up underneath the blankets and glance to the sky looking for the magical aurora. Tomorrow you have a snowmobile safari through the forest and you may see arctic hare or moose.
Maybe it's your anniversary, honeymoon or a special birthday you've chosen an upgrade to the fabulous Queen suite and you have your own private hot tub to enjoy. Either way you'll love your magical stay at the Igloo Village.
Kakslauttanen arctic resort is the home of the original glass igloos: A three night trip to Finnish Lapland and Kakslauttanen. Perfect for seeing the Northern Lights (aurora borealis).
Kakslauttanen is a unique arctic resort ideal for getting away from it all. Each cabin features a private sauna and log fire and there is also the Queen Suite which is ideal for celebrations and has a private hot tub. Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort is home to the original glass igloos: a special design of thermal glass so you can view the Northern Lights from your bed without the chill. Now you can also stay in the new Kakslauttanen Kelo Cabins with a glass igloo bedroom which are available if you prefer – the best of both combining space and comfort with the perfect opportunity to see the Aurora. Activities are in small groups and we also include thermal clothing for the activities so you don’t need to worry about getting cold.. If you’re looking for a short break to see the Northern Lights or an aurora mini break then this package could be perfect for you.
What this package to the glass igloos includes:
- Scheduled flights from Manchester or Heathrow via Helsinki. Flights from Dublin also available. The closest airport to Kakslauttanen is Ivalo.
- 2 nights in log cabins at Kakslauttanen with private sauna
- 1 night in Glass Igloo at Kakslauttanen arctic resort
- Husky sledging – 2 hours
- Stay onsite at the Glass Igloo village
- Snowmobile activity – 2 hours
- Northern Lights Reindeer sledge ride – 2 hours
- Half board
- All transfers
- ATOL protection
- ABTA protected
We’re sure you’ll agree, this package packs in a lot and for a great price! Here’s an idea of what your itinerary will look like;
- Flights to Ivalo via Helsinki from Heathrow, Manchester or Dublin
- Transfer to Kakslauttanen arctic resort, home of the glass igloo village – just 25 minutes
- Evening meal in restaurant – a delicious 3 course menu made from local ingredients
- Night in Log cabin with private sauna – these welcoming cabins are well spaced through the forest and include log fires, ensuite and a small lounge area
- Morning Husky sledge safari – Have a go at driving your own husky sledge. After a short transfer to the husky kennels the eager dogs will be howling with excitement and yet once you set off they fall quiet as you drive in pairs through the wilderness. The sound of the snow crunching under the sledge’s runners and the gentle panting of the dogs is the only sound. Maybe you can see Arctic wildlife along the way like ptarmigan. There is opportunity to swap drivers at the halfway point.
- Northern Lights Reindeer sledge safari – learn about these hardy creatures which the Sámi people still tend in the Lapland region using traditional methods. Take a seat in your sledge and pull the blankets up around you as you enjoy a steady sleigh ride through the forest. If you’re lucky the Northern Lights will light up the sky.
- Evening meal in restaurant – 3 course meal
- Night in Log cabin with private sauna
- Snowmobile expedition – it only takes a short lesson before you will be zooming through forests and across lakes. Shared snowmobiles. Following the guide on the snowmobile trails you’ll cover forest, frozen lakes and rivers and open fjell. The guide may stop along the way to point out interesting wildlife or tracks. If you wish to swap drivers it is possible.
- 3 course evening meal in restaurant
- Night in Glass Igloo – Your glass igloo is room temperature with reclining beds and a small ensuite wc and basin. The special thermal glass doesn’t freeze and if you’re lucky the Northern Lights will dance above you for the experience of a lifetime.
- Time to go home, transfer from Kakslauttenen arctic resort to airport for return flights via Helsinki
- Includes flights, activities and half board.
- Christmas and New Year packages also available
- Father Christmas meeting possible from early December
- Dates; Winter package November – April, Autumn Package (great for Northern Lights, different activities) September and October, Summer package for midnight sun and hiking, fishing June – August
- Queen Suite upgrade from £250pppn
You can also upgrade the stay in the Kelo Glass Igloos – these are entirely unique and offer the flexibility of a half cabin half igloo design. More info about the Kelo Glass Igloos here
Our Kakslauttanen specialist Hannah recently visited the Igloo Village – read about her experiences here!
Flights from Dublin are also possible – please ask our sales team for info.
Late November 2017 – Very limited availability remaining
London Heathrow from £1,750pp
Manchester from £1,800pp
December 2017 – Very limited accommodation availability, flights now very expensive
London Heathrow from £1995pp
Manchester from £1995pp
Christmas Package 23rd – 26th 2017
London Heathrow from £2295pp – SOLD OUT
New Years Package 30th – 2nd 2018
London Heathrow from £1995pp – SOLD OUT Manchester from £1995pp – SOLD OUT
London Heathrow from £1,595pp
Manchester from £1,595pp
London Heathrow from £1595pp
Manchester from £1595pp
London Heathrow from £1595pp
Manchester from £1595pp