Tour around Iceland with an itinerary designed to see the best sights around the country. In the Winter there is a good chance to see the Northern Lights. In the Summer you will witness the midnight sun.
If you’ve always wanted to see Iceland or perhaps you’ve only ever visited Reykjavik and wanted to see more of this amazing island, this is absolutely the tour for you.
- Flights Direct from one of 6 UK airports
- Arrival and departure bus transfer (not guided)
- 6 day guided bus tour in English
- 7 nights in comfortable tourist class hotels twin/double rooms with shower/wc
- All breakfasts
- Vidimyri Turf church visit
- Myvatn nature baths visit
- Icelandic horse stables and geothermal greenhouse
- Visit to the Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Information Center
- East Iceland Petra Stone visit
Day 1: Arrival 50km
- Transfer from Keflavik to Reykjavik hotel (not guided)
- Night in Hotel Natura
Day 2: Grabrok, Fjords and Akureyri 425km
- After breakfast we meet our guide. We head North to Borgarnes and the Grabrok volcano crater which we can climb in good weather.
- In the afternoon we visit a fishing village and then travel onwards to the Vidimyri turf church—considered to be one of the most authentically restored traditional churches in Iceland.
- We continue through the beautiful fjord scenery to Akureyri, the capital of North Iceland. Overnight in Hotel Akureyri
Day 3: Akureyri, Lake Myvatn and the geothermal baths 120km
- In the morning we tour Akureyri, the capital or North Iceland.
- We visit the powerful Godafoss, the waterfall of the Gods.
- In the afternoon we visit Lake Myvatn and end our day at the Myvatn nature baths which offers bathing in mineral rich water.
- Night in Hotel Reynihild
Day 4: Lava, solfataras and Dettifoss 250km
- This morning we will hike at the lava fields of Dimmuborgir which is said to be home to trolls.
- After lunch we continue to Namaskard hot springs where we see boiling mud pools and steaming solfataras.
- We continue East and in the summer months we can visit Dettifoss—the most powerful waterfall in Europe.
- Along the route it is possible to see some of Iceland’s wildlife including Arctic fox and reindeer.
- Night in Hotel Herad.
Day 5: East coast, Vatnajokull and Jokulsarlon 470km
- Our journey today takes us South down the East coat past tiny fishing villages.
- After lunch Vatnajokull glacier—the largest in Europe comes into sight.
- By early afternoon we arrive to the magnificent Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon where we witness the floating icebergs as they head towards the sea.
- Take time to pass under the bridge and see the icebergs float in the ocean or wash up on the black sand beach creating a magnificent spectical.
- Night in Iceland hotel Kirkjubaejarklaustur
Day 6: South Coast 240km
- Today we see the best of the South Coast. The black beach of Vik, Skogafoss waterfall, Eyjafjallajokul and its information centre where you can learn about living near an active volcano under a glacier and the chaos it caused during the eruption of 2010.
- Our last stop is Seljalandsfoss waterfall which you can walk behind if you don’t mind getting a little bit wet!
- Night in Hotel Fludir.
Day 7: Golden Circle and Icelandic Horses 160km
- The most popular tour in Iceland is the Golden circle and we finish our tour today with these wonderful sights.
- We start with a visit to an Icelandic horse farm before heading to Geysir geothermal field where we will see the spouting Strokkur which erupts every 5-10 minutes.
- Our next stop if Gullfoss, the Golden falls which drops 34 metres to Hvita river.
- Finally we travel to Thingvellir National park, a UNESCO World heritage site.
- In the evening we end our tour in Reykjavik where you will enjoy a short city tour.
- Night in Icelandair Hotel Natura.
Day 8: Checkout 50km
- After breakfast the airport bus will take you to the airport in time for your flight.
From £1895 per person based on 2 sharing
Available all year, departures Tuesdays and Fridays