The Mattarahkka lodge offers probably the best Northern Lights experience in Lapland. Your host for yourstay is Mikko, and he welcomes you into his fantastic lodge. He will be your host for your stay and will introduce you to the fantastic Kiruna area. This package packs a lot in over a 3 day period but it will leave you with lasting memories.
What this package includes:
- Flights from Heathrow via Stockholm
- Transfers to and from your hotel
- Three nights accommodation in Mattarahkka Lodge in Kiruna. Double room with private bathroom. Breakfast included
- Guided tour to the world famous ICE HOTEL and ice church in Jukkasjärvi
- Learn about the Sami culture by visiting a reindeer herder. Lunch will be served in a Sami hut
- Northern lights by snowmobile, dinner in a Laavu hut
- Dog sledding tour with coffee and sandwiches
- Warm clothes for the entire stay
- Flights from UK to Kiruna via Stockholm
- Transfer to your hotel and Arctic clothing rental
- Night in hotel
- Day trip to Icehotel – have a look around the original Icehotel. Explore the rooms and sculptures and then maybe enjoy a vodka in the rocks – vodka cocktails served in glasses made from ice!
- Northern Lights Snowmobile Safari – with a knowledgeable guide head out to explore Europe’s last wilderness. Driving through the forests of Europe’s last wilderness is quite magical. The tour has regular stops where the engines and lights of the snowmobiles are stopped so the dark and quiet can be appreciated and you can look out for the northern lights. A hearty dinner will be served as part of the tour. Modern 4 stroke snowmobiles are used and shared 1 between 2.
- Night in hotel
- Sami activity – transfer to a small Sami holding and learn more about the Sami people who have been herding reindeer in the area for thousands of years. After entering the coral you may be able to feed the reindeer or try lasso throwing. You will have lunch in a warm laavu.
- Husky activity – A dogsled tour is for many the best way to experience the nature and the wilderness during the winter. The dogs are howling and pulling their harnesses to get moving; as soon as the anchor is lifted up the dogs fall silent and eagerly start pulling the sled through the woods and over the plains. During the break around the fire you are served coffee and sandwich. Guide drives the sledge.
- Airport transfer
- Return flights to UK via Stockholm
- This package is particularly suitable for children who can travel from just £945pp (under 12)
Enquire Online Now
To find out more about this package, please enter your details below. Once we've reviewed your enquiry we'll be in contact to discuss how we can help. You can also call all our Arctic holiday specialists today on +44(0)1793 939035.