There is no other break more perfect to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life than a trip to see the Northern Lights and truly experience nature.
The Northern Lights, or Aurora Borealis to give them their true name, are a truly amazing site that can only be seen from a handful of destinations. The Arctic Direct Northern Lights holiday destination is Kiruna by Abisko. Abisko is a tiny village in Northern Sweden and was recently voted one of the best places in the world to see the Northern Lights due to the low levels of cloud cover and its place on the Aurora “Halo” – the area of most activity.
What this package includes:
- Flights London Heathrow – Kiruna via Stockholm
- 3 nights at the Arctic Eden Hotel
- Husky safari with opportunity to drive your own sledge
- Northern Lights snowmobile tour with knowledgeable guide
- Ice Hotel visit
- Evening trip to Abisko to see the Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis
- Early flights from UK to Kiruna via Stockholm
- Transfer to Hotel Arctic Eden
- Arctic clothing rental
- Evening trip to Abisko to view Northern Lights – the Abisko Mountain station has a unique micro-climate which means there is a statistically higher chance of seeing the Northern Lights there than anywhere else in the area. Enjoy a light meal on arrival to Abisko before taking the chairlift up to the Sky Station.
- Night in Hotel Arctic Eden
- Day Visit to Icehotel for a look around this amazing structure and possibly a drink in the Ice bar (payable locally)
- Northern Lights Snowmobile excursion with guide. Local guides who are experts in the surroundings will be able to spot local wildlife and tell you more about the nature in the area. Regular stops are made to look out for the northern lights. Dinner will either be cooked on an open fire and served by your guide in a Lavvu (teepee type tent) or back at a warm lodge.
- Night Arctic Eden Hotel
- Day husky sledging activity – 1 sledge between 2, have a go at driving your own dog team through forests and across frozen lakes.
- Lunch in the wilderness
- Night in Arctic Eden Hotel
- Morning free
- Transfer to airport for return flights to London via Stockholm
- This includes flights, transfers, accommodation, activities and full arctic clothing rental
Enquire Online Now
To find out more about this package, please enter your details below. Once we've reviewed your enquiry we'll be in contact to discuss how we can help. You can also call all our Arctic holiday specialists today on +44(0)1793 939035.