Widely regarded as one of the best places in the World to see the Northern Lights, Abisko National park has a unique micro climate meaning it has fewer cloudy evenings making it perfect to see the Northern Lights.
Combined with a stay at the iconic Jukkasjärvi Icehotel this package ensures there is plenty to see and do even if you aren't lucky enough to see the aurora. If you're after a once in a lifetime Lapland experience, then travelling to the Ice Hotel and Abisko really does tick all the boxes for bucket list travel.
If your wondering about the best place to see the northern lights then Abisko really is a fantastic location, some would even say it is the best location for viewing the aurora. About an hour away from the Ice Hotel, the main focus of this trip is to see the Northern Lights and you get to take part in some great activities including snowmobiling and a husky safari. This package is perfect if you’re looking for an well rounded trip to the Northern Lights
- Flights from Heathrow or Manchester (selected dates form other airports)
- 2 nights in Abisko National Park
- 1 night in Icehotel
- Northern Lights photography
- Northern Lights Snowmobile sledge safari
- Husky Safari
- ATOL protection
- Flights from your chosen airport via Stockholm. Includes all taxes, fees and baggageTransfer to Abisko National Park
- Evening Northern Lights photography – meet with your professional guide and travel out to a suitable place in the National Park
- Under guidance you will learn the tricks to setting up a shot either using free rented equipment or your own camera. If you wish to borrow a camera remember a memory card so you can take away your images. One of the most respected aurora photographers on the planet you will learn lots and if the aurora make a show you will come away with amazing images.
- Night in Abisko accommodation
- Enjoy a husky safari through the National park. Settle on your sledge but have your camera at the ready as you’ll want to capture memories of this incredible experience. The National park in Europe’s last wilderness includes Lake Tornetrask and Mount Nuolja which are the magnificent backdrop to your journey.
- Evening Northern Lights Snowmobile sledge safari – you will sit in a sledge which the guide will pull by snowmobile to the top of a mountain for the best views of the Aurora. Don’t forget your camera! Warm drinks are served and we stop to look for the Northern Lights.
- Night in Abisko accommodation
- Transfer to Icehotel
- Take the afternoon to explore this spectacular structure. There are 16 individually designed and carved Art suites as well as the main hall, ice chapel and ice bar. After you’ve had a good look around you can choose to enjoy an ice bar special – a “vodka in the rocks” – specially created Absolut Vodka cocktails served in glasses made from Torne Rive Ice.
- Night in Snow Room at Icehotel.
- Your wake up call includes warm juice to start your day and you can then have a sauna before Breakfast
- Morning for last minute souvenir shopping
- Airport transfer
- Return Flights
Enquire Online Now
To find out more about this package, please enter your details below. Once we've reviewed your enquiry we'll be in contact to discuss how we can help. You can also call all our Arctic holiday specialists today on +44(0)1793 939035.