This small resort is good for couples and families with older children, the hand crafted ice rooms can sleep 2 people, the cabins with their panorama glass window for viewing the northern lights can sleep up to 4. Meet the huskies and take a snow train in search of the aurora then round off your trip by driving a snowmobile across the Arctic Circle in this unique trip.
Aurora Cabin and Ice Cabin Stay – This is the only resort who build their own cabins out of ice. The beauty of this aurora resort is it’s still quite small so is away from the business of some of the more well known resorts. With opportunities to see the Northern Lights if they’re out from the comfort of your bed AND stay in a unique Ice Cabin – this trip is sure to be a favourite.
What the Aurora Cabin and Ice Cabin Package Includes:
- Flights from Gatwick Direct to Rovaniemi (Manchester and Heathrow via Helsinki)
- 3 nights in an Aurora cabin with panorama view of the sky from your bed
- 1 night in an Ice cabin (concurrent with Aurora cabin stay, as backup)
- Half board
- Snow Train Northern Lights search
- Husky adventure ride with opportunity to drive a sledge
- Snowmobile safari to Santa Claus Village
- Thermal clothing rental for activities
- ATOL and ABTA protection
Ice cabins from 15/12, before this date 3 nights in Aurora cabin only.
Peak dates December – 8th January.
***CLICK TO CALL FOR BEST RATES 01793 939035***
Aurora Cabin and Ice Cabin Stay – A sample itinerary to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Flights from London Gatwick to Rovaniemi direct (other airports available with indirect flights)
- Airport pick up and transfer to the resort
- Evening meal in the resort restaurant with Nordic themes and local produce.
- Night in Aurora cabin with Panorama sky window above the bed and own wc and shower room. The cabins have a convertible sofa, minibar and free WiFi so you can check the Aurora forecast and relax!
- Rovaniemi is the official hometown of Santa Claus, so a visit to his office in Santa Claus Village is an absolute must! He is there every day to meet people coming from all over the world and spread good will. Santa Claus Village is also home to different exhibitions, activities, restaurants, cafes, design- and souvenir shops – and more. After meeting Santa, remember to take a photo of yourself crossing the Arctic Circle and send a postcard home from the Santa Claus Main Post Office!
- Evening meal at the restaurant
- Northern Light Snow Train – Take a ride through the winter wonderland in a warm carriage of our famous Snowtrain. We head out in the wilderness, far from artificial lights, looking for the Northern Lights. We cross the beautiful snowy landscape to reach a traditional, Lappish “kota”; a hut deep in the wilderness. We gather around the blazing bonfire, to enjoy sausages and hot drinks. Our aurora expert will help you with camera settings to best capture the Northern Lights. This excursion is completely focused on the Northern Lights, but you also get to experience the beauty of the pure, snowy forest, darkness, quietness. As the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, nobody can give a 100% guarantee to see them, but this trip presents an excellent chance!
- Night in Aurora Cabin
- Husky Activity – Meet & mush with our howling, furry friends on this fun day adventure, including an hour-long safari! Huskies are one of the most loved animals of the north and you will understand why when you meet the pack. The highlight of the day is the 7–10 km long safari, where you get to be the musher yourself, in other words control the pack of huskies towing the sled.
- Evening meal at the restaurant
- Night in Ice cabin Cabins made of pure ice – yes, really! Fairytales turn into reality when you cross the Arctic Circle. You may feel like you’re in a movie Frozen by spending the night in one of our Ice Cabins. As the name suggests, the cabins are built from logs that are 100% pure ice. If you want to go home with an unbelievable story to tell, look no further. Our Ice Cabins are truly unique, and available only in this Resort.
Inside the cottage the temperature stays steady between 0 and -5ºC, even in times when it’s much colder outside. You will sleep in a super-thick thermal sleeping bag on top of luxurious reindeer hides – so don’t worry about getting cold. Just enjoy the silence, breathe the purest air and get ready for a deep sleep. Your Aurora cabin is kept as a back up to sleep in and you can use it during the day and the following morning if you wish.
- Airport transfer – at the end of your adventure you leave with memories and hopefully wonderful pictures of your amazing Arctic Adventure
- Return flights